AtroPIM is a state-of-the-art open source solution, has API-centric software architecture, and brings many technological advantages in terms of data model performance and flexibility, as well as customization and integration with other systems.
Why Open Source?
Open source software affects the software with open source code that is freely available to everyone. Open source software is mostly free and can be extended or changed by anyone. Over 80% of companies today rely on open source solutions, and their number continues to increase. With Open Source Software you costs and time, retain full control over your data, can be completely independent of your software provider, benefit from limitless customization options!
Flexibility and customization options
The open source systems offer more flexibility than the proprietary software, and that means more freedom that encourages innovation. According to the Open Source 360 Survey, 67% of users consider it a key factor in their choice, because anyone can change the code and add new features to make the software fit their individual needs.
Security and code quality
As a rule, open source solutions are more secure than proprietary software. However, they are regularly and extensively extended by the community: the users find bugs and make suggestions for improvement. Security is an important factor when choosing the open source software for nearly 80% of users. Thanks to external control the code quality is also higher.
The open source solutions are mostly free. 84% of the users apply it because of the price and independence from the provider. You can decide for yourself who will make the desired changes or implement the system: the software provider, in-house developer or other third-party agencies.
Maintenance and Support
Usually, the software providers offer affordable support services for e.g. monthly fixed rate, hourly billing or otherwise. If you have specific requirements that need to be implemented, the development team can also assist you, because they know the software best. Thanks to the paid support, bugs will be also fixed faster.
In contrast to licensed software, in most open source solutions, an unlimited number of users works together in such a way. Registration of new users in proprietary software requires additional costs.
No dependance on software provider
A big advantage of open source programs is that you are not dependent on the developer agency. This independence is estimated by 84% of users and grants full freedom in choosing the right agency.
Would you like to contribute to the development of our software?
Join our Community on GitHub!
Advantages for developers
The code of AtroPIM is easy to understand and to expand in order to make the developers happy!
- Open Source: AtroPIM is 100% open source and is distributed under GPLv3 license. Change everything you want!
- АPI-centric: AtroPIM has API-centric software architecture, which means that everything is done through API, even if you make changes, they are immediately available in the API.
- Object-oriented: AtroPIM was developed through object-oriented programming and is thus very flexible and modular built in terms of changes.
- High code quality: AtroPIM has a high code quality, we make every effort to keep it that way!
- Modern technologies: AtroPIM is based on the EspoCRM framework and is developed with the most advanced technologies - PHP7 and Backbone.js.
- Extendible: You can easily extend the functions of AtroPIM with your own modules.